After consultation with Bishop Sloan, rectors, and experts around the diocese, we decided to suspend all face-to-face services of public worship and all face-to-face meetings through May 1 to help control the spread of Coronavirus. Join us for Church at Home as we worship online with daily services, formation, music, and more at www.facebook.com/allsaintsbhm.
Ways to Stay Connected to All Saints:
- Social Media: Follow us on Facebook and Instagram. New worship and formation opportunities are posted to Facebook throughout each day. Follow along!
- Pastoral Care: With Pastoral Care concerns, please contact clergy at 205-617-8954.
- Email: Continue to check your email regularly to receive notifications from our staff regarding alternatives to programming and services. If you need to be added to our email list, please contact Sarah Sexton.
Watch Daily Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer, and Pop-Up Compline on Facebook Live!
- Morning Prayer: Every Morning on Facebook Live at 8:30am: Click here to download the PDF to follow along with Morning Prayer.
- Evening Prayer: Every Evening on Facebook Live at 4:30pm: Click here to download the PDF to follow along with Evening Prayer.
- Pop-Up Compline: Nightly on Facebook Live at 8pm: Click here to download the PDF to follow along with Compline.
Resources for Information on Coronavirus:
- Episcopal Relief and Development
- The Episcopal Church
- Episcopal News Service Twitter
- The CDC
- The World Health Organization
- The Diocese of Alabama
Resources for Christian Formation:
Opportunities for Outreach:
- Parishioner Pen Pals: Make someone's day during this challenging time by becoming a Parishioner Pen Pal. Contact Jenny Blackmon at ?(205) 668-6821? or email her at email@example.com to get your Pen Pal’s name and address.
- Donate blood: To find a blood drive, click here or call 1-800-448-3543.
- Mite Boxes: Keep collecting coins for Rise Against Hunger. If you didn't pick up a Mite Box at church before the quarantine, create your own using a shoe box or mason jar.
- Donate money! To our church and to other local ministries who serve those in need like Community Kitchens and Firehouse Shelter. Mail is still being received at church daily. Pledges and/or gifts may also be submitted online at allsaintsbhm.org/give.
- Donate peanut butter for our Spread the Love: A collection box will be placed outside the front door. Other non-perishable can goods are also appreciated, but please don’t make a special trip to the store for these items, and please don’t clear out the shelf!
- Volunteer for Meals on Wheels: Meals on Wheels is looking for volunteers (18 and up) to help deliver meals. Click here for more information.
God of the present moment, God who in Jesus stills the storm and soothes the frantic heart; bring hope and courage to all who wait or work in uncertainty. Bring hope that you will make them the equal of whatever lies ahead. Bring them courage to endure what cannot be avoided, for your will is health and wholeness; you are God, and we need you.
-Adapted from New Zealand Prayer Book, p. 765