Bishop Sloan has extended the suspension of all indoor face-to-face services of public worship through August 1 to help control the spread of Coronavirus. To read his complete letter to the diocese, click here. Join us for Church at Home as we worship online with daily services, formation, music, and more on Facebook.
Ways to Stay Connected to All Saints:
- Office Hours: Church offices are now open Monday - Thursday from 9am - 3pm, and Friday from 9am - noon. Contact us at 205-879-8651.
- Social Media: Follow us on Facebook and Instagram. New worship and formation opportunities are posted to Facebook throughout each day. Follow along!
- Pastoral Care: With Pastoral Care concerns, please contact clergy at 205-617-8954.
- Email: Continue to check your email regularly to receive notifications from our staff regarding alternatives to programming and services. If you need to be added to our email list, please contact Sarah Sexton.
Join us for Online Worship Daily!
- Morning Prayer: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on Facebook Live at 8:30am: Click here to download the PDF to follow along with Morning Prayer.
- Time with the Saints: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday on Facebook and Vimeo at 8:30am. Reflections from staff, clergy, and parishioners.
- Compline: Sunday-Thursday on Facebook and Vimeo at 8:00pm: Click here to download the PDF to follow along with Compline.
Resources for Christian Formation:
- Faith and the Modern Family, Sunday School Class: Zoom Meeting, Sundays at 8:15pm. Email Seth for link and password.
- Men's Bible Study: Zoom Meeting, Wednesdays at 7am. Email Seth for link and password.
- Rector's Bible Study: Zoom Meeting, Wednesdays at 10am. Email Seth for link and password.
- Centering Prayer: Zoom Meeting, Wednesdays at 6pm. Email Joseph Slane for link and password.
- One Flock Young Mom's Bible Study: Zoom Meeting, Sundays at 8:15pm. Email Joie Hoke for link and password.
- Podcast for Families during the Coronavirus: Parishioner Dr. Mark Westfall has produced a series of podcasts on the Coronavirus. "Let's Think On It" focuses on the microbiological science, the response in Birmingham, and the human psychological impact stemming from the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Forward Movement
- Building Faith
- Mission St. Clare
- The Online Book of Common Prayer
- Mental Health and COVID-19 Forum with Dr. Mark Westfall, Joel Blackstock, Emily Holm, and Kimberly Olson.
- Mental Health and COVID-19 Forum, Session 2, on children, adolescents, and parents.
Opportunities for Outreach:
- Donate money! To our church and to other local ministries who serve those in need like Community Kitchens and Firehouse Shelter. Mail is still being received at church daily. Pledges and/or gifts may also be submitted online at allsaintsbhm.org/give.
- Donate to The Food Pantry at Grace Woodlawn: In welcoming our new Interim Rector, The Rev. Mary Bea Sullivan, we are collecting donations to The Food Pantry at Grace Woodlawn in her honor! Donate household size cereal, rice, pasta, peanut butter, saltine crackers, personal hygiene items, or masks (reusable or disposable). A collection box will be placed outside the front door. You may also make a monetary donation by sending a check or contributing online with "pounding" in the description line!
- Help Provide Brown Bag Breakfast for Avondale Breakfast Ministry: Please consider donating bottled water, juice, salty snacks (such as peanut butter crackers), soft cereal bars, soft fruit (such as bananas or oranges), soft sweet snacks, or breakfast foods (such as biscuits), as well has travel hand sanitizer, small packs of tissue, and socks to be distributed in Avondale. Any homemade items need to be packed individually - either wrapped in plastic wrap or in small ziplock bags. Donations will be picked up at the church on Tuesdays. If you would like to contribute but need donations picked up from your home, contact Ron May.
- Donate PPE: Christian Service Mission is the official collection center of PPE supplies for the City of Birmingham. If you would like to contribute unopened PPE, please leave at All Saints in the black plastic trunk outside office doors, and we will transport to CSM.
- Donate blood or plasma: LifeSouth is now testing donors for Covid-19 antibodies when they donate blood! To find out more or to find a blood drive near you, click here. You can also give through the Red Cross. To find out more, call 1-800-448-3543.
- Show Gratitude to Healthcare Workers by Providing a Meal: Click here to learn more about CareHealth, a local initiative dedicated to feeding healthcare workers and supporting Birmingham restaurants.
- Birmingham Face Masks: Click here for more information. Donate fabric, supplies, or funding, or volunteer to make masks for our Birmingham community.
- GraceWorks: GraceWorks is continuing their ministry to inner city youth in a modified format this summer. They will host college students through the AmeriCorps program who will work on projects like the community garden and the renovation of the Grace Place building. You can help by purchasing an item off their Amazon wishlist.
Resources for Information on Coronavirus:
- Episcopal Relief and Development
- The Episcopal Church
- Episcopal News Service Twitter
- The CDC
- The World Health Organization
- The Diocese of Alabama
- A video on PPE from Dr. Bill Curry
God of the present moment, God who in Jesus stills the storm and soothes the frantic heart; bring hope and courage to all who wait or work in uncertainty. Bring hope that you will make them the equal of whatever lies ahead. Bring them courage to endure what cannot be avoided, for your will is health and wholeness; you are God, and we need you.
-Adapted from New Zealand Prayer Book, p. 765